Friday, August 7, 2009

Chaco Charlie









Chaco Charlie is a rancher. He raises grass-fed hamburgers and cheeseburgers. He also likes to eat grass-fed hamburgers and cheeseburgers, but one morning he was not happy. He didn't want a hamburger and he didn't want a cheeseburger. He wanted a
milkshake.








“I know,” said Chaco Charlie, “I'll go ask Brigita the Goat for a milkshake.” Brigita was Chaco Charlie's friend and she gave him a nice frothy milkshake. Then Chaco Charlie felt much better, but he also felt very strong. He wanted to work.








“I know,” said Chaco Charlie, “I'll go work on the Chipper-chopper. Then I'll be happy.” So Chaco Charlie worked on the Chipper-chopper. He used lots of tools and made lots of noise. When he was done, everything worked perfectly, and he felt much better, but all that work had made him lonely.








“I know,” said Chaco Charlie, “I'll go visit
the hamburgers and cheeseburgers. Then I'll be happy.” So Chaco Charlie went to see the hamburgers and cheeseburgers. Today was special because there was a brand new baby hamburger. Chaco Charlie castrated the baby hamburger and named it 'Hank'. Chaco Charlie was happy to visit the hamburgers, but he was sad that there wasn't enough grass for them to eat.








“I know,” said Chaco Charlie, “I'll go knock down some trees so that more grass can grow. Then the hamburgers will be happy and I'll be happy, too.” So Chaco Charlie took the tractor and pushed down the trees. He was happy to help the hamburgers, but now he was very, very tired.







“I know,” said Chaco Charlie, “I'll go sleep in my hammock. Then I'll be happy.” so Chaco Charlie went to sleep in his hammock. And he was very happy.






The End

No comments: